Hi friends today I am says about indian very famous maharishi sage story,Brahmarshi Vishvamitra is one of the most venerated rishis or sages of ancient India. A near-divine being, he is also credited as the author of most of Mandala 3 of the Ragveda, including Gayatri Mantra.I hope it's you are like this article let's get started.

 

Sage story of Rishi vishwamitra

Vishwamitra belonged to a dynasty of kings he was also known as vishwaratha he had several wives and nine sons he reigned for a long time one day he set out with his army on an expedition on his way he came across a forest region he was Wonder struck by what he saw what a sight? I just cannot believe my eyes Minister I also wonder struck with this wonderful sight Tigers and cows, Lions in deer moving together as if they are all great friends oh! how strange and wonderful! vishwamitra moved on the entire region was an abode of peace and beauty happiness appeared to reign there he found a hermitage at a little distance it was the hermitage of the great sage vashishta it was due to his powerful spell that wild animals had given up their enemity and were living like friends minister who was living in that Hermitage this Hermitage belongs to the great sage vashishta I would like to visit the sage let's go sage vashishta welcomed King vishwamitra with respect and warmth Oh welcome King please take your seat the sage enquired about the welfare of the king and then offered tasty fruits during the course of conversation the sage came to know the King had brought a large army along with him O king please be my guest today along with your followers and army how can a sage living in a forest feed a large army? 



Sage story of Rishi vishwamitra



how will he find food for so many men and fodder for so many animals it is hard even for a king who resides in a palace how then can a poor sage manage it? hmm... oh thank you for your hospitality but i would like to leave now but sage vashishta pressed him again and again at last King Vishwamitra agreed to be his guest in his Hermitage vashishtha had a cow named Nandini Nandini was the daughter of kamadhenu, the heavenly cow vasishta approached Nandini and prayed Oh mother King Vishwamitra has come to our Hermitage it is our duty to feed and satisfy him and his followers please arrange for it in minutes nandini produced all the articles of food required plenty of rice and eatables, baskets full of various and streams of milk and honey thank you mother.



 now vashista went to the king O King, you and your army can have the dinner everyone had an excellent dinner King vishwamitra observed all this he was Wonder struck it is a wonder of wonders how could a poor hermit residing in a forest entertain so many people to a sumptuous meal of such high standards? Vishwamitra turned to vashishta i would like to know how did you manage to arrange such a lovely spread in such a short notice I have a sacred cow called Nandini and it was a boon granted by her vishwamitra was dumbfounded and he took few seconds before speaking being a king, I should have such a cow make a gift of this cow nandhini to me in return.



I will give you one lakh cows, Jewels, fourteen thousand sturdy elephants and eight hundred gem studded chariots and many other valuables oh, Great King, this cow nandini has been gifted to me by kamadhenu her mother, so that my daily sacrifices rites rituals and penance are performed, as well as to entertain my guests in a befitting manner this is the only riches I possess how can I part with it? vishwamitra was unhappy with this reply why do you, a sage residing in a forest require such a cow? I am a king such rare and worthy things rightly belong to the king nandhini should be mine "o king, I have no power to gift her." now vishwamitra's anger knew no bounds immediately he called his soldiers and ordered them bind the cow and drag her away! the soldiers bound nandhini with a strong rope and pulled her she was in pain she jumped, shook off the soldiers and ran like wind to vashishta oh save me... Oh save me... she begged him to protect her mother before the power of a mighty king what can a poor sage like me do to defend you? then permit me to protect myself yes there is nothing wrong in it at once.



 nandhini roared "hum-bha!" out of each hair on her body's thousands of armed men were born and jumped out and a huge war broke out on seeing this vishwamitra, sent his sons towards vashishta but when engulfed by the fire created by vashishta vishwamitra was grief-stricken due to the power of vashishta's penance I lost my army of my sons my entire valor was useless. therefore I will also perform penance like vashishta and acquire such a power then and there he took the decision and left the Hermitage of vashishta SAGE.


VISHWAMITHRA went to the Himalayas and selected a peaceful place for performing penance he started his penance to obtain the favour of shiva the lord of kailas days rolled on. 


months went by years passed on. but Shiva did not show himself vishwamitra's penance became harder and harder thousands of years rolled on at last shiva was pleased with his penance and presented himself "Oh vishwamitra! I am very much pleased by your penance ask for whatever boon you desire vishwamitra was jubilant lord, grant me all the secret knowledge of archery grant me the secret of all the magical arrows that yakshas, Rakshasas, gandharvas and maharishis have as you wish my son now vishwamitra was highly pleased with his own power vashishta, you destroyed my army and my sons now i will teach you a good lesson uttering these words he rushed to vashista's hermitage at that moment.



vashishta was immersed in prayer other sages were sitting around him performing rites and chanting mantras enraged beyond limits vishwamitra rushed against vashishta with utmost confidence in his own victory now you will see me strength and power he launched many a arrow from his bow other sages saw this sudden danger and ran helter-skelter shrieking loudly vashishta's prayer was disturbed by all this noise he opened his eyes before him stood King Vishwamitra with a deadly weapon ready to strike other sages and young disciples were running about in great excitement and fear some were wounded do not run.

 

Also read:Best work from home jobs without investment


cast away your fear do not be frightened. I am here. I will help you he took out the yoga danda on which he had been resting his arm and planted it in front vishwamitra went on shooting arrows and throwing weapons but to his utter despair, every arrow and each weapon would come up to the yoga-danda and would be swallowed by it it's a miracle? what am I going to do? all the magical arrows and weapons I have obtained as a result of my penance for years have become useless before the power of this sage he sat there with his head hung in great shame in the meanwhile all the inmates of the Hermitage returned and praised Vashishta for his skill in his utter desperation vishwamitra sighed and said power of arms is useless i will become a brahmarishi then it will be easy to take revenge against vashishta but this defeat did not discourage Vishwamitra he did not change his decision to defeat vashishta he decided to perform penance once more to increase his powers he went southwards there he settled down in a forest and started his penance to please Brahma, the Creator. 



VISHWAMITRA & TRISHANGU vishwamitra continued his penance hundreds of years passed, but Brahma did not appear before him vishwamitra did not give up his penance after a thousand years, Brahma was pleased with his unshakable determination and appeared before him and said O king vishwamitra, you have now become a rajarishi I am blessed but my vow is to become brahmarishi I must become a brahmarishi i will continue my penance till reach my goal saying this he again continued his penance at this time a new development took place. 


Trishanku was a king of ikshwaku dynasty he desired to purify himself of his sins and go to heaven in his earthly body itself why she stopped was his family guru so he went to vashishta bless me respected guru welcome my dear King tell me the purpose of your visit guru I would like to go to heaven in this earthly body you have to guide me to do the sacrificial ritual vashishta who heard this was shocked trishanku, no one can attain heaven in this earthly body and moreover I will not guide you to do the sacrificial ritual it's an impossible goal prashanta felt very sad but could not get rid of his desire he left vashishta hermitage and set out in a southerly direction there, in a forest a hundred sons of vashishta had settled down for penance ah! I hope these sages might help me in fulfilling my desire he went to them and requested them to help him vashishta sons laughed at him and said what our Father has refused cannot be granted by us also trishanku was angered by their laughter if you and your father refused to help me out I will find someone to do it? i will get help from someone else and perform the necessary sacrificial Rite how dare you talk against your guru because you have turned a traitor to your guru you shall become a 'chandala' immediately king trishanku lost his colour and beauty he became black, his hair became rough and he indeed became a 'chandala' still his courage did not desert him he moved further south and found vishwamitra performing penance though trishanku had become ugly vishwamitra addressed him with sympathy and kindness O king, how did this happen to you? trishanku explained his plight in detail o sage, I have never uttered falsehood I have ruled over the people according to dharma but now there is none to protect me is there no way we can please god by human effort? if it pleases you, help me and see that i attain heaven in this human body itself trishanku, do not worry yourself i will guide your sacrificial Rite under the leadership of vishwamitra the sacrificial rites began in right earnest trishanku, as per the instructions of vishwamitra offered the important portion to all gods but none of the gods came to receive his portion this enraged vishwamitra further he called trishanku and said trishanku, do not be afraid by all this now i will send you to heaven in your earthly body by the power of my penance vishwamitra made trishanku rise from the earth and dispatched him to heaven trishanku, in his earthly body rose higher and higher and reached - the world of the gods seeing trishanku approaching heaven, indra the lord of heavens became angry he shouted out trishanku, the senseless one you have no place in our world as you have been polluted by the curse of your guru trishanku turned upside down and began falling down to the earth he was filled with great fear in his agony he shouted out, O great sage! O Vishwamitra I am ruined. save me! save me! hearing this vishwamitra rose to the occasion and ordered O trishanku, do not fear. 



Stop there! he made trishanku stand there in mid-heavens by the sheer power of his penance to finalize the act he had undertaken vishwamitra created a new saptarshi constellation and many other solar constellations in the southern sky I shall now create another indra or I will see to it that heavens do not - have an indra! hearing this, the gods and sages shuddered in fear they came and told Vishwamitra o great sage! trishanku bears the curse of his guru he cannot have a place in heaven but my vow and word cannot become false let those solar constellations created by me permanent amidst them let trishanku be there in his earthly body, the gods agreed to it vishwamitra was immensely pleased he had won his battle against Indra and gods but to his dismay he realized that all the path he had gained by his long and hard penance had been spent due to his anger so he went westward to the holy place called pushkara to perform penance again BHRAMARISHI VISHWAMITRA  started his penance all over again at this time ambareesha was the king of ayodhya he had decided to perform a sacrificial Rite but the gods stole away his sacrificial animal he was going through a forest in search of the sacrificial animal as suggested by his guru on the way he came across sage rucheeka hermitage he explained his situation to him oh sage please help me i am a poor sage how can i help you anyway the sage thought for a while and came to a conclusion i have three sons i will give one of my sons as a sacrificial animal take this boy and in turn send me one lakh cows the young boys set out with King ambareesha to become the sacrificial animal on their way they came to pushkara vishwamitra who was performing penance was his maternal uncle now seeing his uncle the boy hoped that his life might be saved after all he ran to his uncle, seated himself on his lap vishwamitra who was in penance slowly opened his eyes who is this sitting on my lap uncle please tell me even though I have a father and mother it is as good as not having them you are protector of all please save me my life must be saved but the King sacrificial Rite should not be ruined seeing his nephew, a mere child in tears vishwamitra took great pity on him Oh son, do not fear, I will help you I will teach you some special mantras which will save one from all difficulties listen, when you are tied to the sacrificial altar chant these 'mantras' with devotion your life will be saved the boy took leave after getting his blessings in the sacrificial ground the King started the rites and the boy was tied to the sacrificial altar the moment he was tied, he began chanting the 'mantras' his uncle had taught him hearing these mantras being chanted with pure devotion devendra and the gods were highly pleased they blessed the boy and saved his life mean while after the boy left Vishwamitra continued his rigorous penance for a thousand years Brahma appeared before him and said O vishwamitra, now you have truly become a rishi but this did not satisfy Vishwamitra his goal was to become a 'Brahmarshi' so, he continued his penance during this time vishwamitra met a beautiful woman by name menaka Vishwamitra lived with her happily for 10 years they had a daughter named Shakuntala one day vishwamitra began thinking why did I give up my penance? what a blunder I have made he felt sorry.



He then left menaka and went northwards he started his penance again after a thousand years Brahma appeared again and said, vishwamitra, now you have become a 'maharishi' oh Lord I am happy but my goal is to become brahmarishi I should attain the status of brahmarishi he continued his penance at last brahma, accompanied by all the gods appeared and said, vishwamitra, you have become a brahmarshi my desire is to be called a Brahmarishi by vashishta who is learned in all the Vedas then the gods requested vashishta to fulfill the desire of vishwamitra vashishtha came and said vishwamitra, you are indeed a brahmarishi thus vishwamitra reached his goal by his tenacious efforts and concluded his penance he was honored by the gods and sages alike GURU OF SRI RAMA In the ramayana the role of vishwamitra is great king dasharatha of ikshwaku dynasty had four sons rama, lakshmana, bharata and Shatrughna his guru was vashishta.



 One day vishwamitra came to the place of Dasaratha the King welcomed him with great respect and offered a high seat, we are blessed to have a great sage, Vishwamitra our guest may I know what brought you to this place? kindly let me know and I will fulfil your need vishwamitra explained the purpose of his visit o great king, two demons Mareecha and subahu are obstructing my sacrificial rites they are very wicked but extremely brave i can curse them and get rid of the Menace but according to the vow of the rite i should not become angry send you son rama who is wise and brave along with me let him kill the 'rakshasas' in return I will teach rama things which would make him famous in all the three worlds hearing this, dasharatha became worried how can rama, still a young boy fight the mighty.


 'Rakshasas'? great sage, I shall accompany you with my army I shall remove their Menace vishwamitra in a most reassuring tone said have no doubt about the valour of rama still dasharatha felt uneasy having agreed to fulfill my request you are now backing out vashishta, the Guru of the King, advised dasharatha vishwamitra is the bravest among the brave and the wisest among the wise he is a master of all arms and weapons in fact there is none else in the world that knows the art of archery and warfare better than him he alone can kill all the 'rakshasas' when he is with Rama what danger can be there for him this is a good opportunity Send rama with Vishwamitra at last dasharatha agreed rama, accompanied by Lakshmana, went with vishwamitra afterwards they came to a forest early the next morning vishwamitra woke rama up my son get ready, I will start your lessons today he taught Rama the secrets of magical arrows which could defeat all the gods and demons he also taught the methods of withdrawing them vishwamitra made all the preparations for the sacrificial Rite the rites began and continued for five days without hindrance on the sixth day they started a deafening roar in the sky mareecha and subahu came with their followers in its wake they began pouring blood into the sacred fire Rama hmmm... 



Rama killed subahu, and mareecha ran away the rites ended peacefully all the sages were happy I am happy my dear son rama you have done what I expected out of you i blessing you that you will become a great king and your name will be evergreen and remember forever .

I am sharing to you Sage story of vishwamitra I hope you loved it thank you. 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.